Office and event space in Hove
Westwerks is a place for you to work, meet, learn and play. So who are we? Meet the residents here.
- Access to meeting rooms and event space
- Kitchenette with tea, coffee, fridge etc
About the building
41-43 Portland Road is a double fronted Victorian building in the west end of Brighton and Hove.
Here are some of the rooms you can spend your time in.
Nurturing ideas and friendships We think that together we can make the way we live and work better.
Emma redecorated and kitted out the space. She led a team of volunteers to clear out the garden. And she gathered like-minded people together to rent office space here and run events and networks from the building.
One year on, Emma has moved to the French Pyrenees and Werkshop has taken back management of WestWerks. Emma is renovating a building to run a B&B and creative retreats. Part-time she advises business on fostering collaboration, and pulling together teams to launch bids.
Who is it for? Westwerks is for you if you are:
- Running a business from home and missing the social workplace
- Doing clever projects you think will make a difference
- Working towards local, national and global social awareness and change
- Wanting to learn more about looking after yourself and your loved ones
- Looking for local projects to get involved in
How does it work? We think that if we do it like this good things will happen.
- Keep it Simple. Easy. Flexible.
- A hub for conversations, connections, meetings, events, projects, partnerships and workshops
- A flexible working and playing space, where families and business can do stuff together
- A nice place to be by taking a tired urban space and making it lovely, inside and out.